International Pierre de Coubertin Committee General Assembly
The International Pierre de Coubertin Committee celebrated its General Assembly on Saturday 28 January and its Executive and Board meeting on Friday 27 January 2023. 24 members were present in Lausanne, 29 members were connected online and 14 members sent their apologies for not being able to attend. It was a great satisfaction to have the IPCC Honorary President, Conrado Durántez, take part in our discussions and our founding member, Jacques Guhl, online. The Assembly presented Conrado Durántez with a bust of Coubertin for many years of excellent guidance and preseidency.
We thank our members for their constructive and motivating suggestions in our open discussions. We are assured that our projects will lead to further developments to the satisfaction of all our members and external partners. We remain grateful for the support received from the IOC ever since the foundation of our institution in 1975.
Our reports and discussions were based mainly on the following points of the agenda:
-Publications and translations:
- Pierre de Coubertin Reference Document to honour Paris 2024
- Diagoras. International Academic Journal on Olympic Studies
- Translation: Gleaming Airship into Swahili language
- Translation: Olympic Memoirs into Hindi and Swahili languages
- Translation: Pierre de Coubertin the Visionary into Maya-kiché language
- Partnership with the International Society of Olympic Historians (ISOH)
- Partnership with the International Olympic Academy
- Partnership with the European Fair Play Movement
- IV Pierre de Coubertin Latin American Symposium, Uruguay 2023
- Marking the 50th anniversary of the IPCC in 2025
- Subsidies of six extraordinary projects
-IPCC International Network of Pierre de Coubertin Schools and 13th International Pierre de Coubertin Youth Forum.National Pierre de Coubertin Committees will present their reports at a meeting that will soon be scheduled. We are proud of the six ongoing projects that will be developed in 2023 by the national Pierre de Coubertin committees of Argentina, Colombia, France, India, South Africa and Uruguay.